Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe on ndtvcooks.com and made it for dinner. I ran out of food!! It was GOODDDDDD!!! Should try it atleast once. It is fast as well. I used a can of corn and frozen spinach 10oz pack.
- 1 cup corn kernel (corn-boiled grains)
- 2 cups spinach (boiled and chopped)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped fine)
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (pissi kali mirch)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour (maida)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheese (grated)
- Oven Temp 160 C- 325 F.
- Heat oil, add the cumin. When it splutters, add the onions and stir-fry over high heat, till well covered with oil.
- Add the corn and palak and continue to stir-fry over high heat, to mix well.
- Add the flour (maida), stir fry till slightly colored and add the milk, stirring continuously, till well blended.
- Add salt and black pepper (kali mirch) and transfer on to an oven-proof serving dish. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for half an hour before serving. You can omit spinach (palak) and increase corn.
This was great! I added cheese to the mixture before I added it to the casserole dish. It was a wonderful side dish that will become a standard in my kitchen.