Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
I know I said I wouldn't post any catch of the day recipes, but this even looked good to me when they made it on the news this morning. Recipe from Chef Ken Hall at St. Brendan's Inn
- 1 dozen oyster, shucked (save the juice)
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Turn oven to broil.
- Place shucked oysters on a baking sheet.
- While oven is heating up, heat sauce pot over med-high heat,.
- Add bacon cooking until crisp, add the mushrooms and sauté until wilted.
- Add garlic, white wine and cream, bring to boil, turn down to a simmer.
- Reduce until slightly thickened, stir in butter, and reserved oyster juices, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place oysters in oven for 2-3 minutes, and place shredded lettuce or rock salt on a serving platter.
- Set oysters on platter and spoon the sauce over each one (if any sauce is left, pass it on the side).