Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A special occasion dish that looks impressive and tastes divine--if you like oysters, that is.
Top Review by mickeydownunder
BELLSIMO as can be! This is a WONDERFUL recipe! Helpful hint from you know who, Pulled out oyster, washed shell and oyster too! Then chopped into fine dice! let me tell you this was VERY nice! THANKS!
- rock salt
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 12 medium fresh raw oysters, on the half shell
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle a thin layer of rock salt in the bottom of a shallow baking dish.
- In a small bowl, add the Italian dressing, lemon juice, and hot sauce; stir to combine and set aside.
- In another small bowl, add the breadcrumbs and next 3 ingredients; stir to combine.
- Place the oysters (in their shells) over the rock salt.
- Sprinkle Italian dressing mixture and breadcrumb mixture evenly over each oyster.
- Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until edges of oysters start to curl.
- Sprinkle with minced parsley.