Recipe by Miss Annie
In response to a request. I found it on the internet, but I have not tried this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh spinach, rinsed well and left wet
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 quart shucked fresh oyster
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the spinach in a large saucepan, cover, and steam over moderate heat for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the spinach, refresh under cold water, squeeze dry, and chop finely.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat half the butter, add the onion, and sauté over moderate heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the spinach, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and cream.
- Stir well and cook over moderate heat for about 2 minutes, stirring in a few bread crumbs if necessary to thicken the mixture.
- Add the oysters and dill and stir well.
- Spoon the mixture into a well-buttered baking dish, sprinkle the top with bread crumbs, dot with the remaining butter, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.