Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Open the oysters carefully, reserving both shells and liquid.
- Strain the liquid into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Lift the flesh off the oysters with a small fork and poach in the liquid for 1 minute.
- Then drain and reserve.
- Preheat the oven to a high temperature.
- Mince the parsley and shallots very finely and work them into the butter until it is soft and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the poached oysters back into their shells, fill them with the shallow butter, sprinkle with breadcrumbs, and bake in the hot oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve very hot.