Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great side dish. Very similar to macaroni and cheese, but then again...NOT!!
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup green chili pepper, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Boil orzo in boiling, salted water 10 to 12 minutes until tender; drain.
- Mix orzo peppers, chiles and mozzarella cheese. Place in buttered casserole dish.
- Spread sour cream evenly over top, sprinkle with Parmesan and dot with butter.
- Bake at 450º for 15 mintues until golden and puffed.
- Cool slightly.
I was scared to use the diced green chilies since I don't like spicy food, but they added such a great flavor and were not spicy at all! Thanks for introducing them to me! It was a little dry for me so next time I might add a little more sour cream. Very tasty dish though!
I was hesitant for the sour cream. But finally, the taste blended well with the other ingredients. I used only roasted red peppers. It was delicious. Thanks Charmie. Made for the Babes of ZWT4
This is really lovely, creamy & cheesy, real comfort food, the whole family enjoyed & we will make it again, thanks for posting!