Recipe by Fluffy
I got this recipe from one of my co workers. It's the first time I have cooked orzo and I wasn't disappointed.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
I really enjoyed this easy to make orzo recipe for dinner last night. Like another reviewer, I sauteed the squash with the mushrooms, as the recipe did not specify when it came in. Also, it took approximately another 10 minutes beyond the time posted to bake in my oven in order for the liquid to disappear. I thought the final product had very nice flavor. It was great with a little fresh parm sprinkled over the top. Thanks!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup butternut squash, diced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place a skillet over high heat and add oil.
- Saute onion for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and continue to saute until mushrooms have released their liquid and they are golden.
- Add chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Pour mushroom and stock mixture orzo and rosemary into a 8x8 baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper and bake 35 minutes until liquid is absorbed.