Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from one of my co workers. It's the first time I have cooked orzo and I wasn't disappointed.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup butternut squash, diced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place a skillet over high heat and add oil.
- Saute onion for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and continue to saute until mushrooms have released their liquid and they are golden.
- Add chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Pour mushroom and stock mixture orzo and rosemary into a 8x8 baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper and bake 35 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
I really enjoyed this easy to make orzo recipe for dinner last night. Like another reviewer, I sauteed the squash with the mushrooms, as the recipe did not specify when it came in. Also, it took approximately another 10 minutes beyond the time posted to bake in my oven in order for the liquid to disappear. I thought the final product had very nice flavor. It was great with a little fresh parm sprinkled over the top. Thanks!
Delicious! A wonderful combination of flavors. Easy to prepare and the taste is so good! I served with Baked Cod in Orange Sauce and the flavors went very well together. I sauteed the squash with the mushrooms and then added the orzo and stock. I did it all in a small dutch oven and then just went directly from stove top to oven. Thanks for sharing.
I reviewed this yesterday, but for some reason it didnt 'take', came back to check! this was very good, great combination of natural flavours, and very easy to put together and then leave to its own devices!!! We enjoy one dish meals, and this has everything you need for a fully satisfying meal! Thanks, Fluffy!