1 hr 15 mins
A neat side dish that is a good substitute for rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add in the green onions and garlic; saute/stir for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
- 3Add in the orzo; stir constantly/cook 1 minute longer.
- 4Add in broth, salt and pepper to taste; bring to a boil.
- 5Transfer mixture to a 2-quart baking dish that has been lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- 6Add in Parmesan and parsley; stir.
- 7Bake, covered, in a 350° oven for 35-40 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Orzo and Parmesan Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.9
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 26.2 mg
- Sodium 669.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 13.6 g