Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A neat side dish that is a good substitute for rice.
Make and share this Baked Orzo and Parmesan Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in the green onions and garlic; saute/stir for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
- Add in the orzo; stir constantly/cook 1 minute longer.
- Add in broth, salt and pepper to taste; bring to a boil.
- Transfer mixture to a 2-quart baking dish that has been lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add in Parmesan and parsley; stir.
- Bake, covered, in a 350° oven for 35-40 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
This was easy and a nice change. Served with grilled Lobster tails and Snow Crab legs for Valentines Day, and it paired well. Although my son didn't seem to like it as much as I thought he would, but I will make it again.
This was easy to put together and tasted good. I only used about 2 T parmesan (that was all I had left), which was ok because I served it with Chinese Simmer Chicken and I don't think I would have paired well with the right amount of cheese. This did need salt and I would have liked a set amount mentioned. I did use chicken broth.
This was really good and so easy...kindof like a fancy mac and cheese...