Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A neat side dish that is a good substitute for rice.
Top Review by Logan's Mommy
This was easy and a nice change. Served with grilled Lobster tails and Snow Crab legs for Valentines Day, and it paired well. Although my son didn't seem to like it as much as I thought he would, but I will make it again.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken broth or 2 1⁄4 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in the green onions and garlic; saute/stir for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
- Add in the orzo; stir constantly/cook 1 minute longer.
- Add in broth, salt and pepper to taste; bring to a boil.
- Transfer mixture to a 2-quart baking dish that has been lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add in Parmesan and parsley; stir.
- Bake, covered, in a 350° oven for 35-40 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.