Recipe by Chef*Lee
Do you love those crunchy oriental soup toppers? Here's a baked version that I made up. Hope you like them!
- 4 -5 egg roll wraps
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne (ground red pepper)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix all your marinade ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Cut your egg roll wraps into bite-size strips.
- Place your strips and the marinade into a ziploc bag and shake to coat the strips.
- Separate strips and put them on a non-stick baking sheet in curls and wavy shapes. (Do not lay them flat or they will stick!).
- Bake for 2 or 3 minutes until golden and a few bubbles form.
- Take out of the oven, remove from sheet and sprinkle with salt to your taste.
- Serve on top of soup or salad!