Barb Gertz's Note:
We really like Orange Roughy this is good with tomatoes and herbs.The recipe comes from Diabetic Gourmet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 orange roughy fillets (1 pound)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray an ovenproof skillet with nonstick pan spray.
- 3Melt butter in skillet.
- 4Sauté the onion and garlic in the skillet over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in tomato and seasonings.
- 6Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 7Add the fish to the skillet.
- 8Cover with the sauce.
- 9Pour wine over the fish.
- 10Cover and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes with a fork.
- 11Remove the fish to a heated platter.
- 12Simmer the sauce in the skillet.
- 13Reduce to 2/3 cup.
- 14Stir in tomato paste.
- 15Reheat and pour over the fish.
Browse Our Top Orange Roughy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Orange Roughy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Orange Roughy With Tomatoes and Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.5
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 53.5 mg
- Sodium 426.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 15.0 g