Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
We really like Orange Roughy this is good with tomatoes and herbs.The recipe comes from Diabetic Gourmet.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 orange roughy fillets (1 pound)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray an ovenproof skillet with nonstick pan spray.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the skillet over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the fish to the skillet.
- Cover with the sauce.
- Pour wine over the fish.
- Cover and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes with a fork.
- Remove the fish to a heated platter.
- Simmer the sauce in the skillet.
- Reduce to 2/3 cup.
- Stir in tomato paste.
- Reheat and pour over the fish.
I want to give this recipe 20 stars. This is by far the best way I have ever tasted orange roughy prepared. It was a snop to prepare and oh so delicious. Thank you so much for a wonderful recipe barbara.
This was really tasty - my husband loved it. I'm not much of a fish eater - but really enjoyed it. I was also baking chicken in the oven so I did this stove-top. It was great!
Very good. I scaled it down to 1 serving cause SO won't eat fish. This was a nice change from the garlic seasoning blend and smoked paprika I usually use. Highly Recommended.