Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Orange roughy is so good and because it's a very mild fish, you can add bold flavors to it. This is so easy, and really quick to make. If you make your own bread crumbs, just add some Italian seasonings, such as dried basil and oregano.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C.).
- Coat a medium size baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan, Romano, garlic powder and salt.
- Brush both sides of the fillets with butter, and dredge in the bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer in the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake in pre-heated oven 10-15 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
chef's wife<br/>GREAT,healthy quick meal!! Loved how easy and fast it was...but sure tasted like it took a long time to prepare!
YUMMY!! I tried this for the first time tonight. I had to sub a few things: I didn't have any romano cheese or garlicb powder, so I used a garlic and herb dip seasoning and just fresh parmesan cheese. Also, I forgot about the parsley, but the dip seasoning was flavorful enough without it. My fiancee- who doesn't car too much for fish- even liked it. I had to double the breadcrumb mixture to have enough for all the fish. IT WAS DELICIOUS AND EASY- just what I look for in a recipe. I served it with a full salad (greens, radishes, carrots, sugar sanp peas, avacado, egg and apple chunks) and some garlic roasted potatoes (ala Green Giant). The house smelled great and everyone was satisfied. Thank you! I will definitely make this again.
This is a great recipe! Me and my boyfriend both loved this. Although he will eat fish he is not crazy about it so this worked out great since he loved it as well. This is a definite keeper. One of the only fish that I will eat is orange roughy. It is a little pricey but does not have that fishy taste so the price is worth it to me. I may just make this recipe again next weekend :-) Thank you Fluffster!