Baked Orange French Toast Osceola Mills House
- In a large bowl whisk together zest, juice, sugar, vanilla, triple sec, eggs, half-and-half, and a pinch of salt. Arrange bread slices in one layer in a glass baking dish, 13x9x2". Pour mixture over bread, turning slices to coat, and chill, covered, 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Brush large baking sheet with butter.
- Using a slotted spatula arrange bread in one layer on baking sheet, leaving at least 2 inches between each slice, and bake in middle of oven 5 minutes. Rotate pan and bake 5 minutes more. Turn bread over and bake 5 minutes more. Rotate pan and bake until bread is puffed and golden, 5 minutes more.
- Make sauce while bread is baking:.
- In a small saucepan cook the butter, marmalade, and triple sec over low heat, stirring, until butter is melted.
- Drizzle french toast with sauce and serve with syrup.