Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
In Hawaii, pink snapper is called opakapaka. This is a good dish from "Fish Dishes of the Pacific from the Fishwife" by Shirley Rizzuto.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs red snapper fillets
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 of a lemon
- 3⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, ground or 3⁄4 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Oil a baking pan with 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Place the fish in the pan, and sprinkle with pepper and lemon juice.
- In a small skillet heat the rest of the butter. .
- Add the ground nuts.
- Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes making sure the mixture doesn't burn.
- Spread the mixture over the fish.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until done.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
This fish was very delicious! I cut the baking time down to 325* and baked it for 15 minutes, that was just right, it was moist and not overcooked. Will make it again!