Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Onions with sour cream, brown sugar and lemon juice. If you like onions you should like this. Try to make sure you don't use onions smaller than 3 1/2 inches, or else when you cut off the stems and remove the skin the onion is apt to fall apart on you, would still taste great, but the general appearance wouldn't be the same
- 4 vidalia onions, 3 1/2 inches in diameter
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 375'. Place unpeeled onions in a foil lined shallow pan. Bake uncovered for 1 1/2 hours. Meanwhile just before onions are done, combine remaining ingredients except parsley in a small saucepan. Heat on low, stirring occasionally-do not boil. Remove and keep warm. When onions are tender remove from oven. Spear each with a fork and place on a cutting board. Remove foil from pan. Carefully cut off both ends and remove skin. Place back into the baking pan. Pour sauce atop and toss gently to mix. Sprinkle with minced parsley.
I thought this was pretty good. I think I added a bit more sour cream, so I came out with something a little different, but still good. My boyfriend said he liked the dish better the next day. I'm sure I'll come back to this recipe to try && make it the way you stated.
Very, very good. Son thought it was a little too sweet, although I thought it was a little too lemon-y. Husband was too busy chewing to comment. :) We were all very pleased, and this is a keeper.
My mom makes this for parties/holidays and it is SOOOOO good. If you like onions, you'll love this dish.