1/2 Photos of Baked Onions With Feta
1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Peel onions, leaving root end intact.
- 3Trim top third of each onion and save for another use.
- 4Arrange onions, cut side down in an 8" square baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 5Add chicken broth to pan and cover with foil.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes, uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- 7Carefully turn onions over and bake for 30 more minutes until onions are soft and liquid has almost evaporated.
- 8Preheat broiler.
- 9Combine feta, breadcrumbs, thyme and pepper.
- 10Gently pat cheese mixture evenly onto cut sides of onions.
- 11Broil until cheese begins to brown - about 1 minute.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Onions With Feta
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.0
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 263.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat chicken broth