Recipe by Linda Thomas
A delicious and different side dish. My husband loves it and I make it often for him!
Top Review by CarolAT
This is a great onion dish. If you like onions, you will enjoy this dish. With the French bread, this tastes like a very thick version of French onion soup. This dish is just as good the second day. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 2 large sweet onions, sliced
- 29.58 ml butter
- 473.18 ml shredded swiss cheese
- 297.66 g can cream of chicken soup
- 118.29 ml milk
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 8 slice French bread, buttered both sides
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook onions in butter for 15 minutes until real soft.
- Arrange onions in greased 12x7 pan for baking.
- Sprinkle cheese over entire top.
- Blend soup, milk, soy sauce and pepper.
- Pour over cheese and onions and mix slightly.
- Arrange bread over top.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.