Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my mother's recipes. Everytime she makes it for a party or brunch, everyone demands the recipe! This dish is rich and good by itself as a side dish, or put it on some crusty bread! Enjoy!
- 6 -9 white onions or 6 -9 yellow onions, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- Saute onions in butter.
- Place onions in a 9 x 13 casserole dish with a slotted spoon.
- Stir in heavy whipping cream, white wine, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Top with cheeses.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Great dish. Was one of Jeff Smiths recipes.
Oh yum! You can't get much better than this : lots of onions in cream topped with cheese! Mmmmh...
After you reviewed my recipe for the Philly Cheesesteak, I looked at your recipes & this one is really GREAT! Since you like to cook & eat as I do, check out my other recipes & let me know what you think. Alan Leonetti