Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe makes a wonderful side dish for dinner or brunch.
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 177.44 ml mozzarella cheese, divided
- 59.14 ml margarine or 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 59.14 ml self rising flour
- 236.59 ml milk
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine onions, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, margarine, flour, milk, and salt; mix well.
- Spoon onion mixture into an ungreased medium baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bread crumbs are browned, about 30 minutes.
Yummy! I used Vidalia onions and butter, 2 percent milk, panko crumbs. Made for ZWT 6 Thanks Brenda.
Loved this! Delicious and easy. Used Vidalia onions and omitted the breadcrumbs (I just don't really like them on top of things). Living in Georgia, we get loads of Vidalia onions, and this is a great way to use them. Thanks for posting.
Onions, cheese and butter; how can you go wrong? This was excellent. I used Vidalia onions. I wondered if the onions would be tender since they were not precooked and they turned out perfectly tender. I'll make this again. Thanx!