Recipe by Lainey39
This recipe is from Trisha Yearwood's "Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen: Recipes from My Family to Yours."
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the grill.
- Peel and wash the onions.
- With the point of a small, sharp knife, cut a 1inch core from the top of each onion.
- Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each onion, securing it with toothpicks, and put 1 teaspoon butter in each core.
- Place each onion on a square of aluminum foil and bring the edges loosely together at the top.
- Grill for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until the onions are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife.
- Cool the onions for a few minutes, then unwrap and cut in quarters to serve.