Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nice as a side dish.
- 8 onions, small
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel onions, leaving bases intact and place in a baking dish.
- Combine butter and oil in a bowl.
- Brush onions liberally with mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Yummy. I used regular small cooking onions, sweet butter (unsalted), a good olive oil, sea salt & freshly ground black pepper. We had these with grilled ground beef kebabs, recipe#149565, recipe#322921, and a rice dish for a nice meal. Made for *** RAMADAN RECIPE TAG - 2011 ***
We loved these onions!! Quite simple and quite delicious! I will be making these again. A wonderful flavourful side dish I would serve to guests, thanks for posting.
It was different and dressed up the plate.Its very good and will make it again.