Marie Nixon's Note:
Recipe from For The Love of Cooking.net. I wasn't expecting an oven baked onion ring to be very tasty but this recipe proved me wrong. I give full credit to the Italian seasoned Panko bread crumbs. I used Vidalia onions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Line a baking sheet with a Silpat mat coated with cooking spray.
- 3Slice the onions into thick rings then separate them.
- 4Pour the flour into a bowl then season it with a bit of sea salt and freshly cracked pepper then mix well.
- 5Mix the egg and milk into a bowl until well combined.
- 6Pour the panko crumbs into another bowl.
- 7Dredge the onions first in the flour, then in the egg mixture, and finally in the panko crumbs until fully coated. It is ok if the Panko does not stick to the entire ring. They will still be crunchy and delicious. Place each coated ring on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining rings.
- 8Spray the rings with cooking spray then place into the oven. Bake for 10 minutes then flip the rings over carefully with tongs. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Onion Rings
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.4
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 48.5 mg
- Sodium 817.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 10.5 g