Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love onion rings but I really don't like the grease that comes along with it so I looked around for some recipes for baked onion rings to get an idea of the technique and I came up with some unique touches of my own. Still working on this recipe though so bare with me.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Cut onion cross-wise into quarter-inch thick slices and separate the rings.
- Season milk, panko, and flour with the salt, sugar, cayenne and paprika.
- Dip onion slices into the milk, Make sure the whole slice is covered in milk --you can soak it in the milk overnight if you'd like.
- Dip the onion slice into the flour and then back into the milk (this will help the panko stick).
- Now dip the ring into the panko.
- Place onto the baking sheet about 1/4 inch apart to make sure the rings don't steam each other (makes rings crispier).
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.