Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from the taste of home website.
Make and share this Baked Onion Rings recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Cut onions into 1/2-in. slices; separate into rings and place in a bowl.
- Cover with ice water; soak for 30 minutes.Drain.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy.
- In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, thyme, salt, paprika and pepper.
- Divide the crumb mixture among three large resealable plastic bags.
- Dip a third of the onions in the egg whites; add a few rings at a time to crumb mixture and shake to coat.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Repeat with remaining onions and crumb mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.