This is from the taste of home website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut onions into 1/2-in. slices; separate into rings and place in a bowl.
- 2Cover with ice water; soak for 30 minutes.Drain.
- 3In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy.
- 4In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, thyme, salt, paprika and pepper.
- 5Divide the crumb mixture among three large resealable plastic bags.
- 6Dip a third of the onions in the egg whites; add a few rings at a time to crumb mixture and shake to coat.
- 7Place on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- 8Repeat with remaining onions and crumb mixture.
- 9Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Onion Rings
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.6
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 824.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 7.4 g