Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
What a wonderful dish! A good dish to have with any meal! Very easy and also transports well to potluck dinners. Everyone loves this dish!
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw long grain rice
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) beef consomme soup
- 1 (10 ounce) French onion soup
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Sautee rice in butter. Place in casserole dish with other ingredients.
- Bake covered in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed by rice.
I absolutely loved this rice. As I was getting ready to make it, I realized I had forgotten to pick up some mushrooms. It was still fantastic and would be even better with the mushrooms. I did not add the extra salt, it doesn't need it. Thanks Seasoned Cook for a great recipe! We will be having this often!
This is really great. I have used beef broth in rice but, the beef consomme anf french onion soup takes rice to another level.
Good recipe but there is no need for the extra salt the soup already has an over abundance of salt