Recipe by Seasoned Cook
What a wonderful dish! A good dish to have with any meal! Very easy and also transports well to potluck dinners. Everyone loves this dish!
Top Review by norma3
I absolutely loved this rice. As I was getting ready to make it, I realized I had forgotten to pick up some mushrooms. It was still fantastic and would be even better with the mushrooms. I did not add the extra salt, it doesn't need it. Thanks Seasoned Cook for a great recipe! We will be having this often!
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw long grain rice
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) beef consomme soup
- 1 (10 ounce) French onion soup
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt