Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from www.tasteofhome.com Mona Zignego - Hartford, Wisconsin.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- minced fresh parsley (optional)
- assorted cracker
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, onion, Parmesan cheese and garlic salt; stir in Swiss cheese.
- Spoon into a 1-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
- Serve with crackers.
- Yield: 2 cups.
This was awesome! My dh didn't like the amount of oil left in after it baked, but I wouldn't change a thing. He and I agree that you could do so much with this to expand it. Bacon pieces would be fabulous with this, as well as crab or scallops or really any type of seafood. It's great as is or you can really 'beef' it up with seafood. YUMMMMM!
My favorite onion dip found on Just Me Cooking. I could eat this by myself on crostini! Was going to post but see you've beat me to it, glad you did though, this one's more than a 5-star recipe.