Recipe by foodtvfan
Great for family gatherings, pot lucks, and holiday cook-outs. From www.pioneerwoman.com. Yield and time to make are estimates. Posted in response to a request.
Top Review by Boomette
I made half the recipe cause we're only 2. And I baked it in a pie plate. But a smaller plate would have been better. I used only orange cheddar cheeese cause I couldn't find pepper jack cheese. But I added 1/2 tsp of hot pepper flakes. I used light mayonnaise and light cream cheese. This dip has a great taste. We tried with crackers but it would be better with pita chips. Thanks foodtvfan :) Made for PRMR tag game
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, grated
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme (or seasoning of choice)
- 2 cups vidalia onions, chopped, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, combine the Cheddar cheese, Pepper jack cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, thyme, and 1 cup of the onions.
- Cover and process until blended.
- Stir in remaining onion.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with crackers, day old baguette or French bread.