Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Served with a tossed lettuce or spinach salad and fresh bread, this makes a terrific dish for any meal! I found this recipe in Company's Coming for Christmas cookbook.
- CREAM SAUCE: Melt butter in large Dutch oven. Mix in flour, salt, pepper and garlic. Stir in first amount of milk until it boils and thickens.
- Whisk in second amount of milk. Mixture can be refrigerated at this point until the next day.
- Beat eggs in small bowl until smooth. Stir into cream sauce.
- Add ham, cheese and mushrooms. Mix well. Pour into greased 8X8 pan.
- Bake in 350 F oven for about 1 1/2 hours. An inserted knife should come out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Made for Easter Morning Brunch along with our usual Pace eggs - and Jenn, we LOVED this simple and easy way of making omelettes for more than one! I made this EXACTLY as posted and we were rewarded with a fluffy baked omelette with bags of flavour. Merci encore darlink! Made for PAC Spring 2009.