Recipe source: shopper's newsletter
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion, grated
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup cooked meat and vegetables (suggested what you have on hand or sausage, ham, mushrooms, chopped green onions, etc)
- cheese, for topping (suggested what you have on hand or cheddar, parmesan or American)
for the tomato topping
- 1Preheat oven to 350- degrees F.
- 2Spray two 8-inch round cake pans with Pam or grease pans. Place pans in oven to heat.
- 3In a large bowl beat together egg whites and 3/4 teaspoons of the salt until peaks form. DO NOT OVERBEAT!
- 4In another bowl mix the egg yolks, remaining salt (1/4 tsp), pepper, onion, flour and Italian seasoning until mixture is thick and blended. Fold in egg whites.
- 5Spread mixture in hot pans and bake for 15 minutes or until done by having a knife inserted in center come out clean.
- 6Use a knife to loosen the omelets from sides of the pans. Invert layers onto serving plates. Cut omelets into wedges and cover with foil to keep warm.
- 7To make tomato topping: heat oil in skillet over medium high heat and then add remaining ingredients, cook stirring for 4-10 minutes.
- 8In a separate skillet add 1/2 teaspoon oil to pan over low heat adn add 2-3 tablespoons of the tomato topping per serving to the skillet and heat for a few minutes over and stir in vegi and meat topping selections. Spoon over omelet selections and then sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Omelets
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.5
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 847.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: