Recipe by Bergy
Simple easy omelet to make - It puffs a bit but is not a "Fluffy" omelet. If you wish to liven this omelet up use fresh herbs and add some chili flakes. Use fat reduced cheese if you wish. I like my veggies crisp so I do not pre steam the broccoli but if you like it well done then pre steam . If you wish cut up the cheese in small pieces rather than shred and place them on the tomto slices. This recipe is from the Internet
- 2 -3 eggs, lightly whipped
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 4 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk (Use whole if you wish)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons 2% fat cottage cheese or 3 tablespoons sour cream
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, Grated or 2 ounces of your favorite cheese
- 1⁄4 cup broccoli, cut into small florets
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat your eggs with the dried onion, Milk, cottage cheese, Garlic powder, basil, Salt & Pepper.
- Cut your broccoli into very tiny florets.
- Slice your tomatoe into 1/4" slices.
- Lightly grease a pie plate or cover it with Release foil.
- Pour in the egg mixture.
- Arrange the broccoli florets and tomato slices on the egg mixture' Sprinkle with the cheese or place the small cut pieces on top of the tomato slices.
- Bake in pre heated 350F for apprx 20-25 minutes until the cheese has melted and the eggs are firm.