Recipe by Mika G.
I have given this recipe to alot of my friends and everyone loves it! You can put in any ingredient you like.
Top Review by viennagirl
I've made this several times and every time I've been asked for the recipe. I chose this recipe the first time I made it because it doesn't have the bread in it since I was making it for a diabetic. It is super easy to make and each time I make it, I whip it up the night before and put it in the fridge overnight so I can just take it out and bake it before my guests come in the morning. It turns out great! Thanks for a delicious recipe!
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ham, fully cooked and chopped
- 12 eggs or 3 cups egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish, layer half of the cheese, green peppers, chilies, mushrooms, onion and ham. Repeat layers.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetable mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.