Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A large omelet for two; without cheese or meat.
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup egg white
- 1⁄2 cup potato, diced (1/2 inch)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced (1/2 inch)
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced (1/2 inch)
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, diced (1/2 inch)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat an oven proof skillet (cast iron works well) over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Wile the pan is heating, place the eggs and egg white in a large bowl and whip with a whisk (or a fork) until combined.
- Coat hot skillet with cooking spray and add potatoes. Sauté for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally until lightly browned.
- Move the potatoes to one side and spray pan again.
- Add onion and peppers and sauté until softened stirring to ensure even cooking.
- Remove vegetables from pan to a bowl and set aside.
- Spray pan again (make sure to get the sides) and add the eggs.
- Swirl pan then add the vegetables, mixing lightly to distribute them. Cook 2 minutes.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly and cut into wedges and serve.