Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are great little appetizers, you can't stop at eating just one.
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 can tomato puree
- 24 pimento stuffed olives, drained and dried
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a baking or cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, blend together the cheese, the puree and the butter.
- Blend in the flour, a little at a time, to form a sticky dough.
- Drop by tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet, and form into patties.
- Press the olives into the centers, and pull the dough up to completely cover.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- Note: Pepper cheese can be substituted for the mozzarella.
I thought these were very bland.
yummy!i once tried a similar recipe, but a lot more complicated .. this is easier *and* better!! i find it easier to roll the dough in your hands, then flatten it a bit and press the olive into it