Prep 20 mins
Cook 162 hrs
GOOEY Ribs with an Asian flair that are so tender fall off the bone good. That's all I have to SAY! Oh don't! DO NOT taste test!!! Because you'll eat the whole batch!
- 4 lbs country-style pork ribs, 8 ribs
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (regular or hot)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees .
- Heat a touch of oil in a hot heavy bottom pan. Season ribs with salt, smoked paprika and pepper. Brown ribs in oil on all sides. Do not over crowd ribs.
- Transfer ribs as browned to an 11x16 inch baking dish.
- In a small pot, bring the Glaze ingredients to a boil then reduce and simmer over low heat, till ribs are ready for the sweet bath. Stirring occasionally.
- Place ribs on thin end so heat gets to most of the surface baking ribs uncovered, for 1 hour. Remove from the oven, and drain fat. Coat ribs with the sauce by dipping the ribs right into the pot using thongs. Turn off flame for sauce. Continue baking covered with foil for another 1 hour, then remove foil baste with more sauce and bake for 30 minutes or until ribs are tender. Serve with remaining sauce for dipping!
very good, but it dried out a little too much. I think my pieces of pork were too small. The sauce was delicious.
Delicious glaze which I have now used several times in different permutations. Another keeper, Rita!