Midwest Living October 2008
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- 2In medium saucepan, bring water to boiling.
- 3Slowly stir in oats.
- 4Return to boiling; reduce heat.
- 5Simmer, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes for quick cooking oats or 5 to 7 minutes for regular oats, or until most water is absorbed and the oats are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 6In a small bowl, whisk milk and eggs.
- 7In another small bowl, combine brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and 1/4 tsp salt; stir into oatmeal.
- 8Fold egg mixture into oatmeal mixture.
- 9Pour oatmeal mixture into prepared casserole.
- 10Bake, uncovered, in 350 degree oven 30 to 40 minutes, or until center is just set and sugar crust forms on top.
- 11Cool 30 minutes.
- 12Serve warm with fresh fruit, if you like.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Oatmeal, Wisconsin-Style
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.3
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 111.4 mg
- Sodium 304.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 7.7 g