I saw a gluten-free, vegan version of these on Facebook and had to find something a little more fun. Adapted from Pamela Salzman. The texture of these is in between a muffin and a bowl of oatmeal. You can add or subtract add-ins as long as you include something sweet or savory in the mix. Very nice. *** it is important that you use aluminum/foil cupcake liners and not paper liners! The oatmeal cups will stick a little to the aluminum but become a paper oatmeal globule mess with the paper ones. ***
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup nuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried cherries (optional)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (can add more if chocolate fiend like me) (optional)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 18 foil liners, no substitutions see note
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Combine baking powder, salt, oats, nuts, coconut, cherries and chips in a large bowl.
- 3In a separate medium bowl whisk together maple syrup, milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla.
- 4Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- 5Let mixture sit while you line 2 standard muffin pans with 18 aluminum cupcake liners.
- 6Ladle the oat mixture into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about ¾ full.
- 7Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set and wet ingredients are fully absorbed. Eat warm or at room temperature.
- 8Leftovers can be frozen in ziplocs, thawed overnight in the fridge and zapped in the micro for 30-45 seconds.
- 9*** it is important that you use aluminum/foil cupcake liners and not paper liners! The oatmeal cups will stick a little to the aluminum but become a paper oatmeal globule mess with the paper ones. ***.
Browse Our Top Oatmeal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Oatmeal Cups With Coconut, Cherry and Chocolate Chips
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.1
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.0 mg
- Sodium 112.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g