Recipe by Inspired Patrice
No white flour or sugar in these delicious bars. They freeze well and make a great take along breakfast. Can also be baked as muffins!
- 1 1⁄3 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄3 cup Grape-nuts cereal
- 1⁄3 cup oat-bran cereal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped (Granny Smith works great!)
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped or 1⁄3 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat 8" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Toss chopped apple with 1/2 of the cinnamon and set aside.
- Combine all wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, toss together the dry ingredients. Stir in the apples and add wet ingredients. Mix just until well combined.
- Pour into 8" square pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
- Can also be made in 6 large muffin cups. Reduce baking time to 18-20 minutes.
- Keeps well in refrigerator or freezer.