Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A different twist from your ordinary oatmeal.
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 whole egg, plus
- 1 egg white (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix Oatmeal and baking powder.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour in sprayed 9" pie pan or casserole dish or sprayed muffin tins.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Several "muffin" batches later.....my favorite combo uses 8 minced dates instead of raisins and I swap the milk for 1/2 C. fat-free Greek yogurt and 1/2 C. water! A GOOD bad habit!!! Just love these! Mine never seem to need to bake longer than 30 minutes. The possibilities are endless...THANK YOU!!!
I used frozen blueberries instead of raisins. This was very good. Thankyou rfor a great recipe.
This was just what I was looking for. I did some subbing for ingredients I had on hand; banana for applesauce, blueberries for raisins, and white sugar for brown. This was crumbly coming out of the oven but as it sat it was bar like. Thanks for a simple and delicious breakfast!