Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This baked oatmeal tastes similar to an oatmeal cookie! (Requires overnight preparation)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 apple, peeled,cored,and chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Beat together oil and sugar.
- Mix in eggs, milk, salt, baking powder, and oatmeal.
- Beat well then stir in raisins and apples.
- Pour into a lightly greased pie pan.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake until firm, about 35 minutes.
- Serve warm.
I made this while on vacation and it was a huge hit. We had it for breakfast. The next time I made it we had it for dessert with ice cream.
Love this recipe! I have a few variations. I use regular oats because I like the texture better than the quick cooking ones. I also use more brown sugar on the top of the dish. I will use two smaller apples, one red and one green as it makes a better presentation with the colors. Easy recipe to double and put in a larger pan. This is always a favorite when we have people over for breakfast or brunch. Thanks for a great recipe Daphne!
This is unbelievably good! I doubled the raisins since I didn't have an apple. I was also pretty generous when sprinkling the cinnamon on top instead of sticking to the recommended 1/2 teaspoon. This baked exactly 35 minutes in my Pyrex pie dish and was browned perfectly.