Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Simple, sweet baked oatmeal recipe that I have adapted and developed over time. Quick preparation.
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil, vegetable oil, coconut oil or 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal (not fast cooking)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cream the oil (or applesauce), sugar, and egg together in a bowl.
- Add all other ingredients into bowl and mix together.
- Pour mixture into a greased cake pan (8x8 glass dish works best).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Thank you for sharing this simple recipe. I really appreciate your willingness to share the different variations you have tried. I used coconut oil, and in addition I added raisins and apple chunks. My kids can't get enough. This is their new favorite breakfast.