Chef Larz in Pennsboro, WV's Note:
This was given to us by our family doctor to help with managing cholesterol. I like it just because it tastes good and freezes well for an in-a-hurry-breakfast. Many variations and adaptations are possible as well, so try it this way first then experiment and enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray 9x9 baking dish, or deep round casserole, with veg. spray.
- 2Layer chopped apples, dates and in the bottom of the casserole.
- 3Spread oatmeal over the fruit.
- 4Mix milk with vanilla, add salt and pour over oat mixture.
- 5Top with nuts and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until set.
- 6Cut into 8 equal portions and serve with milk if desired.
- 7Let unused portion cool completely and then place in individual containers for freezing.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.5
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 263.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 16.4 g