Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This was given to us by our family doctor to help with managing cholesterol. I like it just because it tastes good and freezes well for an in-a-hurry-breakfast. Many variations and adaptations are possible as well, so try it this way first then experiment and enjoy.
- 1 chopped apple
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dates
- 3 cups oats
- 3 1⁄2 cups soymilk (or rice milk or skim milk, etc.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Spray 9x9 baking dish, or deep round casserole, with veg. spray.
- Layer chopped apples, dates and in the bottom of the casserole.
- Spread oatmeal over the fruit.
- Mix milk with vanilla, add salt and pour over oat mixture.
- Top with nuts and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until set.
- Cut into 8 equal portions and serve with milk if desired.
- Let unused portion cool completely and then place in individual containers for freezing.