Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
baked oatmeal sweetened with honey, spiced with nutmeg and cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats (not quick)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (or yogurt)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- mix together dry ingredients in bowl.
- add and mix wet ingrediants
- stir in optional fruit.
- melt butter in casserol dish.
- with spatula, transfer batter to dish.
- bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
I really enjoyed this one, the texture once cooked was almost cake-like not dry like some other baked oatmeals I've tried..I used golden syrup in place of honey. Thanks for posting!