Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My sister-in-law brought this recipe when she came to visit. She made it for us one morning for breakfast, and it was great. We have been making it ourselves ever since. It is a very flexible recipe.
- 3 cups raw rolled oats
- 5 cups apple juice (I use the spiced apple juice from Trader Joe's)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 1 apple, diced (optional)
- 1 pear, diced (optional)
- Mix together and pour into an ungreased 9 x 13 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Can be assembled ahead (overnight) and baked later.
- I usually alter the fruit ingredients - depends on what I have on hand. Also, you may need to add more or less apple juice (start with 4 Cups and adjust from there) - don't want it too runny nor too thick.