Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a wonderful dish, especially if you have a houseful of guests over for the holidays. Is great warm or cold and you can add which ever fruit or nuts you prefer. This is from Penzey's spices. This recipe is great! Even people who don't really like oatmeal love this one!
- 532.32 ml quick-cooking oats or 650.62 ml old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 158.51 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 177.44 ml raisins or 177.44 ml dried cranberries
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 787.84 ml skim milk
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 4.92 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray an 8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine oats, sugar, raisins, walnuts, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, egg whites, oil and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Pour into a baking dish. Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool slightly. Serve topped with milk, yogurt, fruit or enjoy plain. Store leftover oatmeal tightly covered in the fridge.
Excellent! I loved baked oatmeal & this recipe was just perfect. I changed it slightly by cutting it down to feed 3 of us in 6oz ramekins. For the dried fruit I used dried cherries so I complemented that with almond extract instead of the vanilla. I also used pecans instead of walnuts, due to DD's allergies. This baked up in 3 ramekins for 40 minutes to a perfectly moist, yet not soupy consistency, although the batter looks like it will be when first mixed. We didn't top it with anything. It was perfect on it's own! Thanks for sharing, Everything Sweet! Made & enjoyed for Fall 2009 Pick A Chef. You've been adopted! :) http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=310505&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
This is a great oatmeal dish and I am not crazy about oatmeal. Went back for seconds. I checked out penzey's spices online and ordered from them. Fantastic selection and quality of spices. Great dish and great spices!
I made this Christmas morning after seeing it in the Penzey's catalog.It's SCRUMPTIOUS !!!I used dried cranberries and next time, will probably add more. It's just as good reheated in the microwave the next day. IF there's any left !!!