Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
From the Weight Watchers boards. 2 points per serving, or free on Core. Additional flavor additives might include: orange, lemon or lime zest, blueberries, raisins or craisins.
- 2 cups uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute or 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce or 1 apple, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped in the food processor
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon or 1 tablespoon apple pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8" square baking pan, or 6 muffin cups, with non-stick spray.
- Combine wet ingredients and add dry ingredients. Spread in prepared baking pan, or spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake square pan for 35-45 minutes, or muffin cups for 25-30 minutes. Keeps well in refrigerator or freezer. Good cold or warm.
These are pretty good. I used applesauce and a chopped apple. They didn't come out of the muffin tins as easily as I had hoped. Next time I would either use the baking pan option or use paper muffin liners. I would also use more sweetener if I was planning to eat them as is. I tried one with maple syrup as a previous reviewer did and the sweetness was fine with that addition. Made for Keep That Resolution: Lite and Low Recipes Event.
I used a little more applesauce, left out the baking powder, traded 2 T. fructose for Splenda, and just poured in cinnamon until it looked "right". It is delicious! Thank you for sharing. As the other reviewer said, it's not very sweet, but it doesn't need to be. I WILL be making this again.
I used old fashioned rolled oats, a bit more sugar and some fat yellow raisins. Really easy, really good. We are having it for breakfast microwaved for about 10 seconds and I'm putting just a little maple syrup on it. Very healthy, quick and good. It doesn't need a lot of sugar.