Recipe by DrGaellon
From the Weight Watchers boards. 2 points per serving, or free on Core. Additional flavor additives might include: orange, lemon or lime zest, blueberries, raisins or craisins.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
These are pretty good. I used applesauce and a chopped apple. They didn't come out of the muffin tins as easily as I had hoped. Next time I would either use the baking pan option or use paper muffin liners. I would also use more sweetener if I was planning to eat them as is. I tried one with maple syrup as a previous reviewer did and the sweetness was fine with that addition. Made for Keep That Resolution: Lite and Low Recipes Event.
- 2 cups uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute or 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce or 1 apple, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped in the food processor
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon or 1 tablespoon apple pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8" square baking pan, or 6 muffin cups, with non-stick spray.
- Combine wet ingredients and add dry ingredients. Spread in prepared baking pan, or spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake square pan for 35-45 minutes, or muffin cups for 25-30 minutes. Keeps well in refrigerator or freezer. Good cold or warm.