Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
In responce to a reguest I dug this out of some old fishing recipes.
Make and share this Baked Northern Pike recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -4 lbs northern pike fillets
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 6 -8 slices bacon
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter; pour in a 9x13 inch cake pan.
- (For easy cleaning, line pan with aluminum foil.) Place fillets in the butter; season with salt and pepper.
- Slice onions and green peppers and place over fillets.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of lemon juice over fillets.
- Cover the fillets with the 6-8 strips of bacon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes.
This is a great dish. I did make a few alterations however. Instead of butter I use grape-seed oil (for health reasons). I pre-cook the veggies about half-way. Once the onions & peppers get soft, I fold the veggies on top of the fish. (The cooked veggies help bake the fish). I also substituted prosciutto for bacon. I fried up the prosciutto a bit...Fantastic! Next time I go ice-fishing I'm going to post a picture. This last time we just dug in, we had no time to think of pictures.
While the fish was nicely flavored by the bacon and vegetables, I had to cook bacon and vegetables longer.
Yummy! Even my mom, who doesn't really like fish, loved this. And it was so simple!