Recipe by ogle home chef
Quick, delicious pasta dish that tastes like Grandmother's favorite, but made without all of the fuss.
Top Review by speedgrl
great recipe. There is a similar recipe on kraft that I had been using, but I will store this one for safe keeping. i did not use the heavy cream and used fresh spinach instead of frozen. also used only 1 can (14.5 oz diced tomatoes, italian style), as it was all I had, and added half a jar of marinara instead to equal out. I used farfalle pasta. great recipe!!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 12 ounces pasta (ziti, penne, farafelle or other)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 links mild Italian sausage
- 8 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Take sausage out of its casing and brown in a skillet over medium high heat. take out of pan and set aside.
- Add olive oil to the same skillet in which you browned the crumbled sausage. add garlic, red pepper flakes and the pasta. Stir over medium-high heat till combined. Add tomatoes and water and bring to a boil. Cook for 15 to 18 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Then add the spinach and cook till soft. Add cream, cheeses and sausage back to pan. Transfer all back into a casserole dish and cover with some more grated Mozzarella. Put into the 475 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is all bubbly and toasty. Enjoy!