Recipe by Kitzy
I like to serve this with some steamed vegetables.
Top Review by ellie_
We really enjoyed this vegetarian casserole. I made a few changes to double the servings! I used a whole package of noodles (12 oz) and also added 2 zucchini (sliced) and 1 red bell pepper - plus doubled most of the other ingredients (except I only used one eggplant and half an onion). I also sprinkled some leftover shredded cheese over the top. Delish! I assembled the casserole and put it in the fridge - baking it when I got home for a very easy dinner that was enjoyed by all. By the time I was finished this was probably enough for 6-8 people though! Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be having often.
- 100 g noodles
- 1 eggplant, chopped
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C/gas mark 4.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water until tender. Drain.
- Fry the onion and garlic until just soft then add the eggplant and tomato. Cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and a little water. Add the spices.
- Simmer gently until it makes a thick sauce; about 15/20 minutes.
- Mix the sauce and the noodles in a casserole dish and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.