Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great recipe for dieters!
- 3⁄4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 4 ounces whole wheat penne
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- paprika, for topping
- Cook the noodles al dente and cool to room temperature.
- Place the cooked noodles into a bowl and toss with 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, milk, melted butter, chives, and garlic. Season this mixture with salt & pepper to taste.
- Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray lightly on the bottom and sides.
- Place the noodle mixture into this dish and top with the remaining cottage cheese spreading this evenly from end to end.
- Top this evenly with breadcrumbs and top this with paprika for color. Spray this lightly with some nonstick spray.
- Place this into a 400°F oven for 20 to 30 minutes.